Back Facial for Acne, Scar Reduction or Simply Help Improve the Appearance of Your Skin on Your Back
The back is certainly one of the most neglected and problematic areas of the body. Hard to reach and impossible to do much about if you have nobody to help you.
It's totally ok and understandable if you feel self conscious about your zits, breakouts and blackheads on your back and you want to get rid of it.
As a matter of fact, Everyday Health reports that up to 60% of people who report having facial acne also experience body acne.
The causes for acne and breakouts on the back are pretty much the same as having acne on the face. It's due to excess oil production, sebum is the natural oil produced by the sebaceous glands in the skin.
There are Five Types of Acne Breakouts
Whiteheads, Blackheads, Papules, Pustules and Nodules.
The skin on the back is quite thick so it's easy for the dead skin cells to build up, mixed with the oil, they get trapped in the pores and block them.
The accumulation of oil and dead skin cells in the pores create an ideal environment for the P.acnes bacteria, also known as Propionibacterium acnes to thrive. Exercise, sweat, heat and hair on the back are huge contributors for this bacteria to grow.
Why Get A Professional Back Facial Treatment?
It's important to take care of your skin on your back too. It doesn't matter whether you are male or female, whether you have blemishes and blackheads or not. Maybe you are just concerned about aging skin.
Body blemishes are usually deep and hard to get rid of, but with professional back treatments, diligence and patience, you can get your back acne under control. Our professional back facial - Bacne - can help eliminate back acne, back acne scars, impurities and even out the skin tone on your back.
We deep cleanse the skin, apply a chemical peel for back acne to quickly improve the skin’s appearance, and to give it a smoother, healthier appearance. The type and strength of the peel will depend on the condition of you skin and type of treatment needed. We do a back exfoliation treatment, back facial extraction, then we use microdermabrasion, and apply a clear skin mask. Some of our clients call it an ultrasonic facial or high frequency facial. We finish the treatment with a serum, healing cream and massage.
One treatment will make a difference, but to be realistic, the best acne treatment consists of a series of six treatments done at a two week interval, or at least regular back facials six weeks apart to help clear up acne marks, breakouts, pimples and acne prone skin.
Microneedling is another back acne treatment and scar removal option.
Things You Can Do At Home
- While in the shower, exfoliate your skin two to three times a week with a back brush. Be gentle, don’t scrub your skin too much as this can increase inflammation and more damage.
- Make sure you rinse all your soap and hair products off your back properly.
- Keep your shower accessories clean. Damp towels, moist bath brushes and wet loofahs, are a breeding ground for bacteria.
- It is best to use a soft back brush with natural bristles and to replace your loofah every three weeks.
- Shower after your workout, or after a hard-labour work day. Get out of your gym or work clothes as soon as possible.
- Avoid creamy body wash and shower gels. Do not over moisturize.
- Going to bed with clean skin is very important.
- If you have inflamed skin use a pimple remover product that contains benzoyl peroxide.
- If you have bumps and blackheads use a product that contains salicylic acid. Sprays are a good choice for the back. Just make sure you let the product dry before you get dressed.
- You could also use a salicylic acid body wash and a benzoyl peroxide lotion.
- Glycolic acid products are also a good choice.
- If you are a male and have a hairy back, consider getting your back waxed.
Have Any Questions?
Contact Us via email, Call or Text 905-827-2222