Back Facial Treatment
Back Facial Treatment for Acne & Scar Reduction
You may have treated your face to a facial before – but are you ignoring your back? Many suffer from back acne, but most do not know what to do about this hard to reach area. A Back Facial Treatment is just the thing!
Benefits of a Back Facial
- Get rid of Acne on the back.
- Ease tension in the back muscles.
- Heal dry skin on the back.
If you want to get rid of Back Acne (zits, breakouts and blackheads on your back), the Back Facial Treatment is made for you.
The back is certainly one of the most neglected and problematic areas of the body. It is hard to reach. And, if you have nobody to help you, it is impossible to do much about.
According to Everyday Health, up to 60% of people with facial acne also report having body acne.
The causes for acne and breakouts on the back are the same as acne on the face. Sebum is the natural oil produced by the sebaceous glands in the skin. Acne is caused by excess oil production. The oil mixes with the skin and clogs the pores. A closed plugged pore is called a whitehead. An open (but plugged) pore is called a blackhead.
The Five Types of Acne Breakouts
The 5 types of Acne are:
- Pustules and
The skin on the back is quite thick. It’s easy for the dead skin cells to build up, get mixed in with the oil, and then get trapped in the pores. This leads to blocked pores and acne.
The accumulation of oil and dead skin cells in the pores create an ideal environment for the P.acnes bacteria, also known as Propionibacterium acnes to thrive. Exercise, sweat, heat and hair on the back are huge contributors for this bacteria to grow.
Why Get A Professional Back Facial Treatment?
It’s important to take care of your skin on your back too. It doesn’t matter whether you are male or female, whether you have blemishes and blackheads or not. Maybe you are just concerned about aging skin.
Body blemishes are usually deep and hard to get rid of, but with professional back treatments, diligence and patience, you can get your back acne under control. Our professional Back Facial Treatment can help eliminate back acne, back acne scars, impurities. It can also even out the skin tone on your back.
We deep cleanse the skin, apply a chemical peel for back acne to quickly improve the skin’s appearance, and to give it a smoother, healthier appearance. The type and strength of the peel will depend on the condition of you skin and type of treatment needed. We do a back exfoliation treatment, back facial extraction, then we use microdermabrasion, and apply a clear skin mask. Some of our clients call it an ultrasonic facial or high frequency facial. We finish the treatment with a serum, healing cream and massage.
One treatment will make a difference, but to be realistic, the best acne treatment consists of a series of six treatments done at a two week interval, or at least regular back facials six weeks apart to help clear up acne marks, breakouts, pimples and acne prone skin.
Microneedling is another back acne treatment and scar removal option.
Things You Can Do At Home
- While in the shower:
- Exfoliate your skin two to three times a week with a back brush.
- Be gentle
- Don’t scrub your skin too much as this can increase inflammation and more damage.
- Make sure you rinse all the soap and hair products off your back properly.
- Keep your shower accessories clean.
- Damp towels, moist bath brushes and wet loofahs are a breeding ground for bacteria.
- It is best to use a soft back brush with natural bristles and to replace your loofah every three weeks.
- Shower after your workout, or after a hard-labour work day.
- Get out of your gym or work clothes as soon as possible.
- Avoid creamy body wash and shower gels.
- Do not over moisturize.
- Sleep – Wash up before bed.
- You spend 1/3 of your day in bed.
- Get into bed with clean skin.
- If you have inflamed skin use a pimple remover product that contains benzoyl peroxide.
- If you have bumps and blackheads
- use a product that contains salicylic acid.
- Sprays are a good choice for the back.
- Just make sure you let the product dry before you get dressed.
- Or you could consider coming to us for a Salicylic Acid Peel Facial
- You could also use a salicylic acid body wash and a benzoyl peroxide lotion.
- Glycolic acid products are also a good choice.
- If you are a male and have a hairy back, consider getting your back waxed.
Have Any Questions?
Contact Us via email, Call or Text 905-827-2222
Not the facial you want? Check out these other treatments: