What is Microblading?
Microblading is similar to eyebrow tattooing or semi-permanent makeup, but it is a more natural looking and less invasive solution. Pigment is implanted into your skin with a hand tool with several little needles. This is used to create hair-like strokes. This technique gives your eyebrows a beautiful natural look. We do not use ink which is used in body tattooing.
Microblading has become one of the most popular eyebrow enhancement techniques. Its a huge trend.
What are the benefits of microblading?
- If you are one of those people who spends time every morning drawing on your eyebrows, this may be the best solution for you.
- The results are very natural looking. It is almost impossible to spot the difference between a natural eyebrow and a microbladed one.
- Men are good candidates too – Microblading isn’t just for women!
What to expect
- First we do a consultation.
- We measure and draw on the brows to make sure you like the shape and that the shape suits your face.
- Then we choose the colour that is best for your complexion.
- For the procedure, we use topical anesthetic to numb the skin.
- You will feel a bit of discomfort at the start of the procedure.
- The brows will look much darker for the first week or two.
- It will take about four weeks to see the final true colour.
- After 4 to 5 weeks we do a touch-up to perfect the final look.
- You must be careful to keep the skin clean and dry for the first week.
- This means no water on your brows, no swimming, no sweating, no workouts.
- Your skin will scab.
- Do not pick off the scabs as this can result in damaging your skin as well as the colour.
- To achieve the best results possible and for your eyebrows to stay a touch-up should be done four to five weeks after the initial procedure.
- This first touch-up is very important.
- Some places include the first touch-up in the price of the initial procedure.
- Since microblading is only a semi-permanent procedure you will need a touch-up or colour boost every six to twelve months (depending on your skin) to keep your brows looking fresh and beautiful or they will eventually fade away and disappear.
Microblading eyebrows compared to permanent makeup
I used to do permanent makeup tattooing. I started before it was even popular. Here are some comparisons of the two techniques.
- Microblading gives your brows a much more natural look and beautiful results than permanent makeup.
- Tattooed eyebrows look more drawn on and flat.
- Microblading means we draw on fine hair-like strokes manually.
- Microblading procedures are done with topical numbing.
Other names for Eyebrow Microblading
People also refer to eyebrow microblading as 3D microblading, feathering, eyebrow embroidery, shading, ombre shading or semi-permanent makeup, or eyebrow tattoing.
Eyebrows are an important facial feature. Having beautifully defined eyebrows, whether they are bold or more subdued, they give your face a beautiful, finished look that stays. Eyebrows are like a facelift especially on older people.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Microblading?
If you have sparse, uneven or patchy eyebrows, or if you draw on your brows everyday you are a good candidate.
Who is NOT a good candidate for Microblading?
- People with very oily skin.
- People who sweat profusely.
- People with a chronic condition like diabetes.
We require a note from your doctor
- If you have recently completed a round of chemotherapy (we recommend that you wait six months after chemo treatments).
- If you have an auto-immune disease i.e. lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease.
The note from the doctor should say that s/he is familiar with your condition and deems it safe for you to have microblading done.
We do NOT do microblading on
- Anyone under the age of 18. We will ask for ID that includes your age before we do the consultation, even if you are accompanied by an adult.
- People prone to scarring or keloids.
- People who have had their eyebrows previously tattooed and the brows are very dark.
- People who have broken skin, a rash, eczema, shingles or any other skin condition around your eyebrows.
- People who are allergic to lidocaine or other numbing agents.
- People who are pregnant or breast feeding.
- People who are are hemophiliac (excessive bleeding).
- People with hepatitis or HIV.
- People presently receiving Chemotherapy (you should wait six months after chemo treatments).
You can find the prices for all our services on this
prices and booking page
L'Exquisite Day Spa For Women & Men is located in Oakville. It is less than a half hour drive from Hamilton, Burlington, Mississauga, Milton and the west side of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
It's within an hours drive of: Georgetown, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Waterloo, Brantford, Caledonia, Stoney Creek, Grimsby, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Niagara on the Lake, the rest of the Greater Toronto Area, Bolton, Richmond Hill, Markham
Directions and a map are available on our contact page.