Indian Head Massage
What is it?
Massage is the oldest form of medicine known to humans and has been practiced for thousands of years.
An Indian Head Massage is a form of relaxation massage that focuses on the face, head, neck, shoulders, upper back and upper arms which are important energy centers within the body. This form of massage is very relaxing and has a balancing effect. It helps to release stress and tension, creating a sense of peace and well-being.
Our clients felt so relaxed, that a 30 minute session sitting in a chair was not as nice as laying down, so we incorporated the Indian Head Massage into a one-hour full body massage.
What are the benefits?
- Promotes general relaxation
- Improved blood circulation increasing oxygen supply to the brain
- Calms, revitalizes and uplifts the spirit
- Can create a more balanced state of being, balancing of the Chakras
- Relaxes taut and uncomfortable muscles, eases stiffness, breaks down knots and nodules
- Stimulates blood circulation and drains away accumulated toxins
- Increased joint mobility
- Improved lymphatic drainage which helps in the removal of waste products and toxins helping the immune system
- Can give your hair a healthy lustrous shine and improve skin condition
- Encourages deeper breathing and deep relaxation
- Triggers the release of "feel good" chemicals called endorphins creating an almost euphoric sensation of contentment and happiness
- Promotion of hair growth
- Helps to relieve mental tiredness, stress and depression resulting in greater mental alertness, concentration and clearer thinking
Can also help relieve eye-strain, tension headaches, migraines, earaches, Tinnitus (ringing in the ear), jaw ache, sinusitis congestion,insomnia, and disturbed sleep
What can you expect?
To get the most out of this massage, we have incorporated it into a full one hour body massage.
You should not book this treatment if you have any of the following conditions:
- Severe bruising, cuts or abrasions in the areas to be treated (face, head, neck, shoulders, upper back and upper arms)
- Recent hemorrhage
- High or low blood pressure
- Migraine. You should be aware that treatment may result in an attack
- A history of thrombosis or embolism
- Diabetes if not under control
- Infectious skin disorders
- Scalp infections
- Recent operation
- Chronic Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
- High temperature, illness and fever
- Any infectious disease
- Food poisoning
- Cancer or any other serious medical condition
- Any recent head or neck injury, including whiplash or concussion
- Chronic Fatigue
- Spondelites or Spondelosis
Everyone's life is full of stress these days. Many diseases are caused or at least exacerbated by stress. Take some time for yourself! Come and experience the relaxation of massage. We work by appointments only.